Sunday, 31 August 2014

Tryptamine Review #3 - DPT

Lysergury @ chemsrus had a great idea for a thread trying to explain the subjective difference between different tryptamines, i'm hijacking his idea and posting the relevant info here.

I'm really interested in trying this tryptamine, seems exactly my kind of drug!

DPT

Dosage:


Personally I find an insufflated dose of 100 mg to be ideal. The effects last about 3 hours. Vaping works well too, although I find this method to be borderline TOO intense (ie difficult to understand/assimilate the experience). If that's what you're looking for though, light that shit up.

Vaping provides a much shorter, more intense experience. The effects hit you immediately and last about an hour. I'd say 50 mg vaped would be enough to completely blast off. Although I would advise starting small and working your way up, as dosages seem to vary with DPT more so than other substances.

I would advise against taking it orally as this ROA weakens the effects considerably (ie you have to take more). It can also be injected IM but I haven't personally tried that method.

Depth -10/10. 


DPT has provided me with some of the most profound psychedelic experiences I’ve had. Tons of spiritual potential here. Definitely not for beginners--this stuff will shred your mind right quick.

The experience is similar to DMT in intensity, but I guess you could say it's more 'difficult,' mentally. I'm sure the duration has a lot to do with this. For me, DMT is just an ultra-intense rush of euphoria accompanied by an overwhelmingly absurd visual journey. Don't get me wrong, it's perhaps my favorite substance, I just wish it wasn't so...fleeting. The short duration can be a good thing, but if you want a more prolonged, soul-searching, emotionally-challenging (and rewarding) trip, DPT is the way to go. I'm more wary to recommend DPT though, just because I have seen several users SERIOUSLY flip out on it. I've honestly never seen anyone have anything but a great time on DMT.

Visuals - 9/10. 


Very crazy stuff. Totally immersive visionary journeys with spiraling colors, geometric patterns, and otherworldly landscapes. 'True' hallucinations, rather than your standard visual distortions/disturbances. A buddy of mine commented that he was 'transported into a geometric cartoon universe', whatever that means. 

Body high - 4/10.


 Strong buzzing/vibrating sensation that may be uncomfortable to some. Feels like you're literally about to 'blast off'. There's also a pleasant warming effect in the early stages of the experience. In all likelihood, though, your body will disappear completely at some point during the trip. 

Recreational Value - 2/10. 


Wouldn't call this recreational at all. Definitely not a social/party drug. I would advise solo research, or maybe with a very small, experienced group of friends. This is heavy stuff, and although it can be fun its own way, you gotta be very careful with it and respect its power.

Side effects - 8/10. 


Some people experience body tremors and/or nausea. You also gotta worry about overwhelming experiences--I have seen people seriously freak out on this substance. That can obviously happen with any psychedelic, though. Personally I didn't notice anything harmful.

Overall Opinion


One of favorite psychedelics, but can be incredibly intense--mentally, visually, and emotionally.

Now that I think about it, you might actually say that DPT is a cross between DMT and shrooms (although distinctly different from either). It's got the sheer intensity of DMT with immersive, 'blasting through hyperspace' type of visuals, with the potential for introspection (and mindfuck) of shrooms. But, as with most psychedelics, talking about it does it no justice. It's truly something that must be experienced.
Approach with caution.


Additional Reading:


Wikipedia
Tikhal
Erowid Vault
Big & Dandy DPT Thread @ Bluelight

Thanks Noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment