Here is an hypothesis of what might have happened:
"The symptoms of a cold are caused by the immunitary system fighting the infection. Now some of the compounds in the orchid have immunomodulatory effects. Maybe I ingested a lot of these compounds along with the psychoactive ones and they caused a strong reaction from the immune system fighting the infection and I am currently experiencing a hyperactive immune system."
Now the trip report itself:
On the other hand, I have to say that I was too careless and I also underestimated the orchid.
Here are the things that could have contributed to this nights' experience.
I had a little Cannabis after I was back to baseline and I also drank some mate
Both substances did by themselves never effect my ability to go to sleep before. Therefore there could be some interaction there.
Also I did a drastical increase in the dose. From "half a flower" to a pretty big part of the stem (1,7g fresh/ ~180mg dry). I never tested something before that had so little information about effects, side effects, neuronal background, dose... damn, even the active compound is unknown! With everything else, I was always more careful than necessary, always testing recommended small doses and always on the safe side. Now I wanted the test the full effects (I was excited testing something almost unknown) and also did not want to take any more material from my plant. Therefore I took a big leap from a known active dose, to maybe two or three times that much. I just did not expect this at all! Stupid! Lesson learned
Start with a dose you would not expect effects from, then gradually increase until full effects are met or side effects are noticeable.
I was also feeling not completely well the last few days, so illness symptoms could just be coincidental or in some kind triggered by the consumption.
Also I have a pretty unhealthy sleep rhythm, staying up late, sleeping only very short and catching up on sleep later. But there are usually no problems going to sleep, when I'm in bed. So again, the consumption might just have triggered something.
All in all there were too many influences to decide where these effects came from.
To all of you who want to experiment: Be careful! Try small doses. Only increase gradually. Don't mix with anything."
I was also feeling not completely well the last few days, so illness symptoms could just be coincidental or in some kind triggered by the consumption.
Also I have a pretty unhealthy sleep rhythm, staying up late, sleeping only very short and catching up on sleep later. But there are usually no problems going to sleep, when I'm in bed. So again, the consumption might just have triggered something.
All in all there were too many influences to decide where these effects came from.
To all of you who want to experiment: Be careful! Try small doses. Only increase gradually. Don't mix with anything."
Next day he added the following:
No comments:
Post a Comment